Monday, October 18, 2010

I'm still alive

If you're one of my five loyal readers, I'm sure you've been devastated at my utter neglect of this blog over the last few weeks. My humblest apologies for that. I've simply been too busy since returning from vacation, and it's been hard to get back into the swing of blogging.
Here's the Cliff's Notes on what's been going on lately.
-- I mentioned in my last post that my wife and I were headed to New York City for a week. That trip happened, and it was amazing. I intend to blog about it in detail in the very near future.
-- My fantasy football team has been struggling, so I made a blockbuster deal with the future in mind. I swapped Randy Moss and Antonio Gates to a front-runner for a trio of premium draft picks in 2011. That's the beauty of a keeper league - you can pull the plug on the current season and become a major contender the next year.
-- I'm playing some pretty freaking solid poker right now. I'm up a modest amount (about $250), and I could be ahead even more if a couple cards had fallen differently. I went deep in a couple of massive MTTs, but didn't make it into the seriously large money. But the more important thing is, I'm playing with a ton of confidence, blending aggression with patience, and I'm feeling on the verge of a monster run.
Bankroll = $5,250

2 comments: